1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks.
2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
Grocery basket, shopping cart.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
Frying pan, skillet.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
Oh, shit, what are those things called? Rain gutters?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
Coke. Or sometimes soda, if you're not sure your waitress is a native Texan and you want to make sure she specifies what kind of Coke.
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
Swim trunks, swim shorts, Speedos.
12. Shoes worn for sports.
Tennis shoes, athletic shoes, sneakers.
13. Putting a room in order.
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
Doodle bug. Or rolly polley.
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
19. What's the evening meal?
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places?